Thursday, November 15, 2012

Oh Goody For Goodys

My daughter and I have this thing for going to cheapo restaurants to have coffee and catch up with each other.  The original plan is her phoning me and saying "Hey, do you want to go get coffee?"  And then what happens is she talks about her boyfriend who is currently hiking on the AT (That's "Appalachian Trail" for those of you who don't know and the only reason I know is because she has told me 9238792837493847923847 times) and then she'll continue on about how she can't wait to leave her dear ol' mum to go back on it to hike again herself.  However, what usually happens on our little excursions is that some sort of debacle takes place and I end up paying (literally).

We recently discovered a new place called "Goodys" not too far from where we live.  We tried it out and loved it.  We went there the day after Sandy hit and it was nice.  It is a very quiet, clean place and our breakfast came out within 5 minutes of ordering and the coffee was delicious.  Oh, and our waitress was friendly.  BONUS!  That day wasn't too much of a debacle, surprisingly.  In fact that's the day my daughter got a call at the table while we were eating and won her "free vacation", but I'll save THAT debacle for another day.  As far as the service and food went, I think the restaurant gawds were on our side this round.  We had gone to Perkins a week before and after an hour of waiting for our food, I had taken one bite of my omelet and discovered a long, black hair in it. MMmm!   I don't want to discuss that at this moment.  I can feel my gag reflex kicking in and we really don't want that.

The second time we went to Goodys was just a few days later and it was just as good as the first time, but we had an over-zealous of a waitress who apparently smoked a bit too much crack that morning.  Now this might not appear to be very amusing to you as it was to us, but she had a slight obsession about refilling our coffee pretty much after we took one or two sips.  After about 10 refills over a five minute period, we began to wonder how much crack did she smoke that morning??  Are you catching my drift here?  OKAY WE GET IT... YOU LIKE TO GIVE REFILLS  ON COFFEE!  This wasn't a bottomless cup, it was a topless cup of coffee and things were getting creepy fast.  Stop filling my f#ucking cup, lady.  Seriously.  I felt rushed, like I was in a coffee-drinking contest.  Good gawd!  Although, I suppose if this was our biggest debacle of the day, we were doing pretty well.  And yes, I love the word DEBACLE.  Could you tell?

My daughter left for a two week trip, but will be returning in a few days. We've talked on the phone pretty much every day and all we've been talking about is how we want to go to Goodys.  We love Goodys!  We are both pretty laid back and we seem to appreciate our little debacles. Of all the things I get to do, spending time with my daughter is my favourite.  She makes me laugh and we have the best memories.  I can't wait until she gets home so we can go enjoy a topless cup of coffee together.  Something always goes awry when we go out and it's always a blast!






2 comments:

  1. that lady was a crack head coffee freak! and she filled it up so much we couldn't even lift the cup off the table....and she called your glass of water a "water dish" wtf

    ReplyDelete

Please list your side effects: