Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Random Acts of Cruelness and Happy Thanksgiving

I have no doubt in my mind that there are people that get their rocks off by running around sprinkling their little random acts of kindness in the world.  Yay for them. *disturbing eye roll*  I don't have rocks to get off, so I don't comprehend sprinkling much of anything.  Well, that's not exactly true. (I mean it's true that I don't have any rocks, but not true that I ....)  I do have a kind side at times is what I'm saying.  It highly depends on how much wine I've had.

I remember when I was working my office job many years ago and came back from lunch one day to find a Hersey's Kiss on my desk with a note that read "Just a Random Act of Kindness - Enjoy Your Day".  I was young then... and not so jaded. I remember thinking how nice that was and I probably actually ended up enjoying my day.  How silly is that?

I'm pretty sure if that happened now, my first thought would be who poisoned the chocolate, how did they do it, and why?  Then I would proceed to throw it in the trash.  That's what 20 years of Random Acts of Cruelness will do to a person.  I've seen this played out the most at the grocery store.  I think it's because I've shopped hella times at one over the years.  It's a nightmare every single instance no matter the day, the hour, or my reason for being there.  Everyone at the grocery store is an evil bastard.  The main thing I've learned is that no one gives a f#ck when acquiring groceries.  (yes, myself included) 

So what is my point?  The point is - I am thrilled that for the next three days, I do not have to step foot into a grocery store. My sister and her family are in town for the holiday and staying at my mother's.  My mother LOVES grocery shopping AND she buys Hershey Kisses which I do not believe to be poisoned.  (errrr... I might be skipping those just in case...)  Oh and I also won't have to inhale any tainted pine cones.  Double score!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

This is my mother's "pineapple turkey" centerpiece she's so incredibly proud of.  Good gawd, seriously mom?  If it wasn't for her mad cooking skillz, I don't know if I could handle the next three days.

This shit is so not cool...





10 comments:

  1. I am trying to understand the pineapple turkey. Is it like a felt thing you put on a pineapple to dress it up like a turkey? Actually it would be a useful centerpiece for a vegetarian Thanksgiving--"Oh, you thought we were having turkey? No, that's really a pineapple. Ha!"

    By the way, my dad has this cool tip about pineapples he learned from a Hawaiian friend of his. Turn the pineapple upside down and let it rest like that overnight before you cut it the next day. It makes the pineapple more juicy throughout. Pineapples travel a long way and spend a long time resting in an upright position.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's just a felt head piece that's placed on it. She's always so anal about picking the right pineapple for it, too, and once told the cashier to be careful with her "turkey". As a teenager, that was really embarrassing. :o

      Great tip! Thanks for the heads up :)

      Delete
    2. LMFAO...I can just imagine hahahahahaha.....
      ohhh...I needed that!

      Delete
    3. I'm glad my embarrassment could give you a laugh :)

      Delete
  2. Happy TG! I have never heard of a pineapple turkey! It sounds.... hmmm interesting. And I hear you about the random acts of cruelness. So many people have ulterior motives it is difficult to trust them when they do something that seems so "kind".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the pineapple turkey is not interesting. It's highly stupid. Really and truly. :o

      Delete
  3. I'm LMAO over the pineapple turkey! I'm looking at the picture thinking "is that FELT?" on a pineapple?? Thankfully that was cleared up for me right away in the comments section. I feel complete now. I might have to go make a felt turkey head for a pineapple simply because I have teenagers that need to be embarrassed. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, maybe I should have written an entire post just about this pineapple turkey. It's more of a hit than I thought :O

      Delete
    2. Your mom could be sitting on a goldmine. There might be a whole untapped market out there for pineapple turkeys. I feel like someone who is pretty aware of crafty stuff as my grandma used to crochet those spare toilet paper roll covers, etc, but I'd never seen a pineapple turkey.

      Delete
    3. No, no no! I'm really trying to bury the whole nightmare. :O

      Delete

Please list your side effects: