Tuesday, November 6, 2012

If Adults Acted Like Kids

It's been a very long time since I've had small children to raise.  I've already got one out of the house and the other one will be in high school next year.  Four more years and I'll be good to finally make my move to Canada.  My son keeps asking me why I want to move there.  "Hockey Night In Canada... Why Else?"  All he says is, "Oh Mom..."  I don't think he realizes how serious I truly am.

Anyway... back to the topic. I am thoroughly enjoying watching my younger sister raise my two nieces who are nearing the ages of two and four.  Yesterday while I was on the phone with her, I had to cut the conversation short and jokingly she said "That's okay, no one has time for us..."   She said it loud enough that her 4-year-old heard her.  I said, "Don't say that in front of her.  You're a bad mother!"   She replied, "Did you just say that I'm a bad Mother?"  She then asked her daughter, "Am I a good Mama or a bad Mama?" which her daughter then responded, without hesitation, "BAAAD!" 

Oh, how funny that was.

This made me think of other times I've been on the phone and heard things come out of my sister's mouth like "Stop licking the TV" or "Why did you just hit your sister on the head with the remote?".   My sister and I always laugh and say how we never thought in a million years such phrases would ever come out of our mouths.

This leads me to the title of this post.  What if Adults just acted like kids - spoke their minds without filter, randomly put things in their mouths, licked TVs for no apparent reason, threw temper tantrums, said nonsense words, ran around in circles, fell to the floor laughing, smacked someone on the head just because, grabbed someone's sandwich at a restaurant and ate it or just throw the food on the floor.  The possibilities are endless.

I may sound crazy, but I'd actually like to see this happen, just for a day.  Imagine this at a sporting event (of course, this might not be far off from football fans), in church, at the mall, and I think my favourite would have to be at the grocery store.  I think you'd understand if you've ever had to shop with children at a grocery store.  And there, my friends, is the working mind of Rebeka.  I think it's time for my medicine.

4 comments:

  1. I am all for this. Not only because it would be fun to act like a kid (moron), but because I think it would really throw the kids off. They would not know what to think. And me being a GOOD mom, I find it a lot of fun messing with my children's heads. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are a lot alike. I would love it for the same reason. The kids (morons) would freak! And, I must mention that my sister is a GOOD mother, but her daughter yelling "BAAD" was quite funny. :-O

      Delete
  2. This does happen. It's called the Tea Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of it that way, but yes, yes they do... (especially the temper tantrums, nonsense words and probably licking TVs)

      HA!

      Delete

Please list your side effects: