Thursday, March 14, 2013

Flying Blueberry Donuts

Last Sunday was an absolute beautiful day in Cleveland (Sunny, High 65F!) but apparently it was for the birds... literally.  Bird migration went a tad crazy the night before when radar caught MILLIONS (yes MILLIONS!) of Red-winged blackbirds, Grackles and American Robins heading back this-a-way!  Why you ask?   Because Cleveland is awesome, that's why!  AND, they have a great place to live here in northeast Ohio -  The Cleveland Metroparks.

This radar image is super cool.  The green line is an actual thunderstorm approaching.  The blue, round circles with the holes in the middle are not blueberry donuts, even though Americans probably would like them to be, but rather the thousands and thousands upon thousands of birds caught in action! 

Neato, huh?






12 comments:

  1. I really really wanted this to be actual blueberry donuts. I guess I am still on a sugar maple high.
    but that is pretty cool that there are so many they appear on radar. I wonder what the monarch butterfly migration would look like. oranges?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too healthy-sounding for Americans. Perhaps "flying orange jelly slices"?

      Delete
  2. "birdie num num" okay, i'm no peter sellers, but i am trying, very. and just think, they'll be here by august!

    okay, very neato, eh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being such a huge fan of horror movies has ruined innocent things like bird migrations for me. "The Birds" still freaks me out, and last week I went to see "Dark Skies", creepy! Ooh, did somebody say blueberry donuts?...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Birds is definitely a classic and I'm generally not a horror movie fan, but who doesn't love Hitchcock?.

      I guess maybe I will make my next post about donuts for real? :)

      Delete
  4. We have geese migrating overhead often, noisy buggers! Now, if they'd dropped the odd blueberry doughnuts in passing I might not curse them so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just look at all those blueberry donuts!

    Geez, I hope the birdies get to return to their beloved Cleveland soon. I know I am ready for some warm weather myself. It's warm down here compared to Ohio, but I'm still sooooooo ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Kim! Today is a beautiful day though - 68F! FINALLY!!!

      Delete

Please list your side effects: