Friday, March 1, 2013

Parental Lecture Haiku



your children, they talk

why won’t you listen to them?

it’s never too late

It is with so much sadness that I have to see neglected, medicated, angry and messed up kids in the world.  And it's not even in the world, but just in my own community.  Yet, I know that it IS all over the world. As some may or may not know, what lies behind anger is a deep sense of pain.  And what is causing such pain in our youth?  

Parents need to stop being selfish.  Do they how much it can affect their children when they do the rotten things they do (or don't do)?  They must learn to listen to their kids. Children will tell you exactly what is is they want from you.  You just have to be willing to hear what it is they are saying.  Get yourselves together.  Get yourself help so you can help them.  I want the future generations to be productive, caring, loving people.  It's never too late.

And that's the end of my lecture.  Unfortunately, none of the people who need to read this will read it.  Oh well.   

  And here's a friendly tip for any new parents.
We might as well get off to a good start.







10 comments:

  1. You're absolutely spot on. Parents ARE so selfish. I've seen it so many times over the years. Work, plans, dreams and all that stuff have never come before my brood. Jees - my oldest one's *ahem* now and my youngest is 19 and STILL my life and blog and sidebars are heavily featured with the little fuc....arseho.......basta........darlings. Interest, praise, communication, hugs, music, laughter. Shame how it doesn't come naturally for everyone.

    I never ever took full time work while a child of mine was in full time education and I never missed a single play, show, concert, sports day, parents night and the likes. Who wants to hear how their kid got on via some friend or minder who probably couldn't give a damn anyhow...........!





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments, Helena. Kids definitely know and appreciate (at least later in life) when you attend all those important events.

      Delete
  2. my kids are fine thanks. must be a usa thing. everyone's doped up here with snow (of the frozen variety), so we huddle close and watch hockey (brawls).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure these types of issues I'm speaking of skips generations, if you get my (snow) drift, Peter. heh

      Delete
    2. I never heard this. Where is your lou? Isn't that some sort of bathroom facility?

      Delete
  3. Wow. Just wow. That is exactly what I needed to hear...especially with Sydney getting older. Sometimes, I admit, I do take the "Im the parent, you are the child" approach. While it is appropriate in most cases, I do think I need to slow down and hear what she has to say...as bat shit crazy as it seems to me. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very difficult to do for sure, especially those gawd awful 'tween' years. My daughter knows now how horribly irritating she was and we laugh. Keep that in mind! :)

      The difference with you is that you ARE setting boundaries in between all the "bat shit crazy" you talk about. The parents I am talking about, don't. There's a huge difference. And all the doctors in this stupid country think the answer is medication. It's disturbing to say the least.

      Delete
  4. Oh could my hubby tell you stories of bringing home kids in his cruiser....wanting to talk to the parents instead of taking the kid to jail. Guess what? No parents home. Or, home and you guessed it, drunk themselves. No wonder the apple sits beside the tree.

    (Oh, to clarify, hubby is a cop. otherwise, that might sound very strange. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I kind of gathered he was an officer of the law. That's very sad, but not surprising.

      Delete

Please list your side effects: